Vic Kids Eat Well Awards
The 2022 winners in each category will be announced at the Vic Kids Eat Well awards ceremony held on 31 March 2023 at 2:00pm.
The ceremony will be held online to encourage all Vic Kids Eat Well finalists, members, and stakeholders to join from around the state.
This is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate success and for us to say ‘thank you’ for your incredible efforts.
Register your attendance at the Vic Kids Eat Well awards ceremony here
2022 nominees revealed
We are thrilled to reveal the 2022 nominees for our first ever Vic Kids Eat Well Awards to be held in March 2023!
These awards celebrate the outstanding efforts of Victorian schools, outside school hours care, sports clubs and community organisations in boosting healthy food and drink options to help kids learn, play and grow.
Congratulations to all who have demonstrated their extraordinary commitment to championing healthy changes in communities across Victoria.
The 2022 Vic Kids Eat Well Award nominees by category are:
BIG BITE awards
This award category recognises Vic Kids Eat Well member organisations that have successfully completed one or more of the four key actions or ‘big bites’:
- Refresh the fridge – for organisations that have reduced or removed sugary drinks from canteens/vending machines and promoted water as a healthy option.
- Switch up the snacks – for organisations that have ditched the sweets and are offering kids healthy snack alternatives.
- Change up the menu – for organisations that have boosted fruit and veggies for kids and reduced fried food and pies.
- Put the ‘fun’ into fundraising – for organisations that have offered kids healthier meal deals and/or included healthy alternatives in marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Albury Wodonga Community College
- Mount Rowan Secondary College - Ballarat
- Boisdale Consolidated School
- Branxholme-Wallacedale Community School - Branxholme
- Katandra West Primary School
- Kialla West Primary School
- Nichols Point Primary School
- Rolling Hills Primary School - Mooroolbark
- St Joseph's Primary School - Springvale
- St Mary's Primary School - Hamilton
- Toorloo Arm Primary School – Lake Tyers Beach
- The Hamilton & Alexandra College
- Rushworth P-12 College
Outside School Hours Care
- Athol Road Primary School OSHC
- Barton YMCA Before and After School Program, Cranbourne West YMCA Holiday Program
- Big Childcare Heathdale Christian College - Melton
- Chelsea Primary School OSHC
- Cranbourne Carlisle OSHClub
- Gumnuts Lakes Entrance OSHC
- Livingstone OSHClub
- Red Cliffs East After School Care
- South Melbourne OSHCLUB
- Southmoor Primary School OSHC
- St Joseph’s Primary School OSHC
- St Patrick's Primary School OSHC
- Theircare - Watsonia Heights PS OSHC
Sports clubs & Community & Council-run facilities
- Springvale Library café
- Castlemaine Football Netball Club - Juniors
- Castlemaine Goldfields Football Club
- Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre
- Verve Café, Aquamoves - Shepparton
Special acknowledgment awards
This award category recognises individuals from Vic Kids Eat Well member organisations, health promoters and networks that have made a significant impact and demonstrated outstanding support for Vic Kids Eat Well throughout 2022.
- Robert Brown – Kalianna Specialist School
- Katie Vickery-Howe - Tyers Primary School OSHC
- Diana Dixon - Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre
- Alan Brew - St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- Chloe Hewitt and Jody Burgess - Mount Rowan Secondary College
- Wendy Beveridge - Athol Road Primary School OSHC
Health promoter champion
- Rachel Brooks – Northern District Community Health
- Jaquie Nethercote – Gippsland Lakes Complete Health
- Tameaka Lakey and Alexandra Bell – Ballarat Community Health
- Branxholme Wallacedale Community School students
- Murrabit School students
- Latrobe Youth Space Inc. network
- The Northern Grampians Shire Prevention Network
- The Inner East Partnership
For more information
Contact email@example.com or 1300 185 725.